Goals of this class:
- Able to skipper a sloop-rigged keelboat of approximately 20 to 27 feet in length by day in light to moderate winds (up to 15 knots) and sea conditions.
- Knowledge of basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
- Auxiliary power operation is not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive an ASA Keelboat Sailing certification.
The textbook used for your course is Sailing Made Easy, by the American Sailing Association.
The Annapolis Book of Seamanship is an excellent book for your sailing library and can help you in your preparation for this course, but is optional.
- Basic Sailing Terminology
- Maneuvers & Points of Sail
- Navigation Rules
- Aids to Navigation
- Safety Gear & Procedures
Coconut Grove Sailing School in Miami services the needs of
Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, South Miami.
Coconut Grove Sailing School
3400 Pan American Dr. Pier 1